Project Update

Up to this point my group and I have been working to highlight the evolution of social media's impact on NBA athletes. Through my trailer I looked at how public opinion has shifted through the advent of social media in terms of how we idolize our athletes. I believe that our athletic icons have fallen in terms of fan based worship, not in the athletic arena, but more as everyday individuals to look up to. I think this directly correlates to the humanizing characteristics that social media has attributed to our athletes. Fans have begun to know and understand their former idols on a more personal level. The ability to put a personality with the athlete has diluted the grandiosity of the talent itself. Through further research I plan to compare and contrast the public perception of past athletes with those of modern athletes and how that relates to Twitter. I don't believe the athletes themselves have changed. I think the way in which we choose to relate to athletes is what has changed because of social media.

0 comments: